Author Topic: fight crawford 2023  (Read 20 times)

RachelShum

• View Profile
fight crawford 2023
« on: September 23, 2024, 12:19:49 pm »
terence crawford boxing
what time does terence crawford fight
That victory inspired some of our voters to move Crawford up on their lists, including former two-division champion and ESPN boxing analyst Timothy Bradley Jr., who ranked Crawford at No. 1 over Canelo Alvarez. However, while Crawford did gain some ground with the win, he came up short to Alvarez and stayed at No. 2.

Undisputed Welterweight World Champion Terence "Bud" Crawford is not only the best fighter in the sport today, but perhaps the best of his generation, capturing the undisputed crown in two separate weight classes while accruing a Hall of Fame resume. Read Bio

"To be honest, I never wanted to be an Olympic gold medalist," Crawford said. "Midge and BoMac, they wanted me to stay in the amateurs and win a gold medal because they know how tough it is coming out of Nebraska. I wanted to be a world champion."

On August 19, 2017, Crawford took on unified WBA/IBF champion Julius Indongo for the undisputed 140-pound title. Crawford was simply electric, putting Indongo away with a beautiful body shot in the third round for a historic victory.

Crawford was a gold medalist in both the 2006 National Pal Championships in Oxnard, California and the 2006 Blue & Gold National Championships in Carson, California. Crawford earned a silver medal in the 2006 U.S. National Golden Gloves Championships in Omaha, and a bronze in the 2006 U.S. National Championships in Colorado Springs.

“I'm naturally right-handed. I had about 70 amateur fights – it was probably like, 60 wins, 10 losses,” said Crawford, who owns amateur victories over future champions Mikey Garcia and Danny Garcia. “I remember all of those fights against Danny Garcia, Mikey Garcia, Diego Magdaleno. I still watch them from time to time. It wasn't a hard fight with Mikey – Danny Garcia was a harder fight for me."

"I’m proud to partner with Riyadh Season and HE Turki Alalshikh on their first boxing event in the United States. I cannot wait to get back in the ring in my fourth weight class and remind the world why I’m the best pound for pound fighter in the world,” said Terence Crawford. “Israil Madrimov is a tremendous and entertaining fighter, but on August 3, he will be my next victim. This is the Terence Crawford era.”

“I felt good and I felt I could do enough to win the fight,” said Spence, who said he’d want to rematch at 154 pounds. “I’m not here to make excuses. I’m a grown man. I agreed to the weight and I did what I could.”

Undisputed Welterweight World Champion Terence "Bud" Crawford is not only the best fighter in the sport today, but perhaps the best of his generation, capturing the undisputed crown in two separate weight classes while accruing a Hall of Fame resume.

Crawford’s debut was a 26-second stoppage in March 2008 over Brian Cummings, who entered the ring at 2-0 (2 KOs). He ended that year with a second-round TKO of Michael Williams in November, rising to 5-0 (3 KOs).

In round seven, Crawford dropped Spence twice, once with a clean right uppercut early on and again late in the round with a right hook. Crawford led 79-70 on all three cards at the time of the stoppage and dominated the CompuBox stats with an 185 to 96 advantage in punches landed and an astounding 50% connect rate.